Monday 11 July 2011

Impressive moment

I went to Tuen Mun Park with my mom today and took lots of photos.
The most impressive thing I found in there was, the region I'm living in now, is going to be an old place very soon.
Look at the picture I have taken. The elderly looks very lonely and seems to get nothing to do all day long.
I questioned myself when I saw her. Why are there some of the elderlies so lonely, and they seems not very happy all the time?
Well, maybe they are worrying about their livings. Maybe they don't have any job, therefore they just sit and negatively let time pass.
Right, the society is not fair. It fouls people who are not capable to contribute. However, we are living in a capitalist city. The more you work, the more you get. We can't change this situation, but still we can do something. I don't mean we should do something big, but at least something make small contributions to the society. Look, there are so many elderlies live alone. Doing volenteering works, like visiting these elderlies, can be small contributions. You might find some excuses not to visit them. But let me tell you, doing volenteering works are fun! Seriously! I have visited elderlies who live alone. They are talkative. During the visiting, you will find that elderlies are intersting. They tell so many old things and share their living experiences. I learnt a lot from them, like how they live with insufficient sources, how they got over difficulties etc. Seems to be boring, huh? You once take part in it, you will never forget how you love to be with elderlies. So yea, start seeking for volunteering works now, so that you can have a meaningful summer vacation this year!
For more volunteering works, you can visit the following websites~
You can also google volunteering works with these keywords: volunteering work , 義工服務

No comments:

Post a Comment